Nervous System Pacifier Vata Breakfast Oatmeal Recipe
Having a tendency toward anxiety and feeling overly stimulated sometimes, I find that what I eat really affects my tolerance level for stress and sensory load.
So, starting the day with something that's nourishing to the nervous system is a simple way I can make sure I'm not doing a disservice to the backbone of my entire system.
Which is the inspiration for today's breakfast recipe!
All of the ingredients that make up this oatmeal are nurturing to the nervous system and Vata dosha - for those of you interested in the Ayurvedic side of recipes and meals.
A Vata imbalance can create nervous turmoil which results in feeling hectic, nervous, anxious, and just overwhelmed.
So, when feeling any of these things, make yourself a warm bowl of oatmeal and eat slowly. See if you notice a difference!
Nervous System Pacifier Recipe
2 cups oat milk
1 cup rolled oats
7 dates, deseeded and chopped
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Handful walnuts, crushed
1. In a saucepan, warm up the oat milk. Avoid boiling.
2. Add the chopped up dates. Let soften.
3. Pour the oats. Stir until soft and thickened.
4. Mix in the salt and cinnamon.
5. Add walnuts. Stir for about 1 minute. Making sure the oats do not stick to the saucepan.
6. Serve warm with a pinch of cinnamon and walnuts.
If you'd like a little more sweetness, add a splash of maple syrup.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.